Tuesday 5 October 2010

Waiting for eBay

Camera's broken...... waiting for eBay to provide another one....... can only use a small compact......

Idling away at my desk when a tiny (3mm) shield bug walks across it........
..... persuade it to stay still under my cheapo microscope camera........
......can't find what kind of shield bug it is, but learn much about Laosian recipes based on the bugs' foul smell from Wikipedia..........
........ then discover that I've missed the end of the eBay auction and I've lost out on another one.



This is the 500th blog entry (no wonder I'm tired!)

4 comments:

Graham H said...

At least you got your Gower trip in Steve - sand in the works perhaps?

Kingsdowner said...

That's right, Graham - not a hope of fixing it.
I just don't look after things, so it's no good getting a good quality replacement.

Don Wood said...

The good thing about ebay is you miss one and there will be another one along shortly. A bit like busses

Greenie said...

Steve ,
Congrats on reaching 500 , here's to the next 500 - if you get a camera .
What a delicate pattern on that snail , never seen that one before .
I know you weren't angling for IDs , but your Shield Bug looks like Hawthorn-Acanthosoma haemorrhoidale , hope it's not catching . Your yellow flower looks like Golden Rod-Solidago virgaurea .
Good luck with your bidding .