Saturday 5 December 2009

Do the Strand

Fulmars are back after their brief wander around the ocean, and are now checking out the cliffs for next year. Lest we be deceived into thinking of spring, however, the presence of a regular winter visitor, the black redstart, warns of the cold weather to come.
I am loathe to post the photos, since those of others are so much better. But it's on my patch.

As a mark of respect for Jessica's seaside blog, here's a sighting of Charlie Chaplin's footprints.

5 comments:

Jessica Winder said...

Thank you, Charlie. I am honoured.

Greenie said...

Steve ,
Nothing wrong with your pictures , I'd be well pleased with those .
Re. the last shot , always one to please the ladies , so I've been told !

Kingsdowner said...

Jessica, I couldn't find anything interesting washed up on the shore (it faces east, unlike yours, which faces America and the Sargasso).

Fred, the black redstart thing is an inn-joke.....sorry.
Re the last shot, maybe that's why he walked that way. Me, I'm just afflicted.

Anonymous said...

'It's on my patch...'

And doesn't that make all the difference in the world. What's in our own backyard is so very special.

Lovely pictures.

Mary said...

That black redstart is very pretty. Nice photo of it on the rock gazing out to sea.